A key member of the GCX Corporation team, the Vice President of Operations will partner with the other leaders to outline strategy for both Operations and the Company as a whole. Develop, deploy and execute a global operational optimization strategy that provides the best competitive position with core competencies, localized supply chain, and coordinated communication.
Essential Functions Include
- Lead a multi-location supply chain organization focused on supply planning, vendor management, material planning, purchasing, procurement, external manufacturing, warehouse operations, logistics and distribution.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for all supply chain activities relating to the procurement of materials and services
- Must have a hands-on style to operational leadership that emphasizes teamwork and collaboration with a strong customer focus.
- Cultivate process improvement, operational excellence programs and cross-facility collaboration to achieve optimized performance across our global manufacturing footprint. Create synergies through key performance indicators within manufacturing operations across the regions to maximize manufacturing profit.
- Plans and directs materials and supply to support annual budget requirements, Determines the organization’s requirements regarding goods, services, supplies, equipment, etc.; establishes long-term and strategic planning objectives for their procurement.
- Drive change and results by championing operational excellence and performance initiatives to ensure alignment and successful execution to key business goals and objectives. Work with sites to continually drive improved operational performance as measured by key indicators from continuous improvement and through the application of lean manufacturing principles. Ensure all areas of the business are performing to the requirements of the customer, and the company. Challenge the status quo to minimize risk and maximize performance.
- Drive accountability for results yet be supportive and effective at developing individuals to assume greater levels of responsibility and personal contribution. Lead, motivate, and develop the functional team on an ongoing basis, and provide direct feedback, counsel, and coaching to drive practices and processes and overall company performance.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Promote and emulate a culture that reflects GCX culture and values which include high performance, inclusion and diversity, continuous improvement, and excellence in quality of work.
- BA/BS in Supply Chain, Operations/Manufacturing, Business Administration preferred
- Minimum of 10 years manufacturing operations experience including plant management.
- 7+ years of Supply Chain experience, specifically with overseas manufacturing including experience in Asia and Europe
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in ISO 13485 and/or medical device industry.
- Inventory management and optimization
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes or methods
- Global logistics, warehousing, and distribution.
- Capacity Planning Leads the effort to continually develop new sources around the globe to support GCX’s growth strategy
- Negotiates critical supply contracts for sourcing needs.
- Oversees / manages key supplier relationships as well as contract compliance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Highly collaborative with well-developed leadership and influencing capabilities.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills, extremely organized, detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Must be able to travel at least 25% of the time domestically and internationally as needed and required
- Must be able to work in the United States on a continual basis without requiring corporate sponsorship